ATLANTA – ASHRAE reconheceu as conquistas notáveis de 111 membros abnegados e suas contribuições para promover a eficiência energética no setor de aquecimento, ventilação, ar condicionado e refrigeração durante a Conferência Anual de 2017. Uma lista dos prêmios e seus destinatários estão abaixo.
Louise & Bill Holladay Distinguished Fellow Award
Zahid H. Ayub, Ph.D., P.E., received the Louise and Bill Holladay Distinguished Fellow Award. This annual award is given to an ASHRAE Fellow for continuous preeminence in engineering or research work. The honor was initiated in 1979 by Presidential Member Bill Holladay. Ayub is the Technical Director of Isotherm, Inc., which is located in Arlington, Texas.
Andrew T. Boggs Service Award
Steven T. Taylor, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, received the Andrew T. Boggs Service Award. The award, named after ASHRAE’s executive vice president emeritus, recognizes an Exceptional Service Award recipient for continuing unselfish, dedicated and distinguished service. Taylor serves as Principal of Taylor Engineering, LLC, which is located in in Alameda, Calif.
Distinguished 50-Year Member Award
The Distinguished 50-Year Member Award is given to individuals who have been a member for a minimum of 50 years, and who have performed outstanding service. The following 16 members received the award:
- Luc Bertrand, ING., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
- Raymond Cohen, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Emeritus Professor of Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
- Emil E. Friberg, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Arlington, Texas
- Warren G. Hahn, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, CEO of Hahn Engineering, Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Gordon V.R. Holness, P.E., Presidential Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- S. Louis Kelter, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Somerset, N.J.
- Rodney H. Lewis, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Austin, Texas
- Richard P. Lortie, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Winston Salem, N.C.
- George E. Menzies, P.Eng., Life Member, H&S Director, FibreCast Inc., Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- Erling J. Olsen, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Bainbridge Island, Wash.
- Robert D. Pagliasotti, Life Member, Lakewood, Colo.
- Richard J. Pearson, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, President, Pearson Forensic Engineering, Madison, Wis.
- Alberto J. Sanchez, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Blue Bell, Pa.
- Eugene Stamper, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Teaneck, N.J.
- Laurance S. Staples, Jr., Life Member, Prairie Village, Kan.
- Sunny C.L. Tan, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Principal, Building Services Consultants, Singapore
Exceptional Service Award
The Exceptional Service Award recognizes Distinguished Service Award recipients who have continued to serve faithfully and with exemplary effort. Seven members were recognized:
- Erich Binder, President, Erich Binder Consulting, Ltd., Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Steven T. Bushby, Fellow ASHRAE, Leader, Mechanical Systems and Controls Group, Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Md.
- Samuel D. Cummings, Jr., P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Little Rock, Ark.
- Patricia T. Graef, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, Senior Engineer, Munters Corporation, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Essam E. Khalil, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, Professor, Cairo University, Egypt
- Kishor Khankari, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, President, AnSight, LLC., Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Bert Phillips, P.Eng., Life Member, President, UNIES Ltd., Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award salutes members of any grade who have served the Society faithfully and with distinction and who have given freely of their time and talent in chapter, regional and Society activities. The following 56 members were recognized:
- Eric W. Adams, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer, Indiana University–Purdue University, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Nerses (Nick) Agopian, Vice President, RenewAire LLC, A Soler & Palau Company, Madison, Wis.
- Jason A. Atkisson, P.E., Principal, Affiliated Engineers, Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Vikrant C. Aute, Ph.D., Associate Research Scientist, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Robert Bean, President, Indoor Climate Consultants, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Barry B. Bridges, P.E., CPMP, Life Member, Senior Mechanical Engineer, NV5, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Tina M. Brueckner, Engineering Manager, Design Team, Energy Systems Group, Eagan, Minn.
- Oswaldo de Siqueira Bueno, P.Eng., BEAP, Life Member, Owner and Engineering Director, Oswaldo Bueno Engenharia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Douglas Cane, is retired and resides in London, Ontario, Canada
- James A. Carlson, Principal Engineer, Seismic Source International, Omaha, Neb.
- Joseph A. Chin, P.E., Senior Project Manager, Western Allied Mechanical, Inc., Menlo Park, Calif.
- Leonard A. Damiano, is retired and resides in Longs, S.C.
- Abdel K. Darwich, P.E., HFDP, Associate Principal, Guttmann and Blaevoet, Sacramento, Calif.
- Hywel Davies, Ph.D., Technical Director, Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), London, UK
- Larry O. Degelman, P.E., Life Member, Professor Emeritus of Architecture, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- John F. Dunlap, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, President, Dunlap and Partners Engineers, Richmond, Va.
- Annette Dwyer, Technical Product Manager, Evaporative Media Research and Development, Munters Corporation, Fort Myers Beach, Fla.
- Jim Earley, P.E., Business Development Manager, Hill Company, Inc., Roswell, Ga.
- Blake E. Ellis, P.E., Principal, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo.
- Christopher M. Gray, Ph.D., P.E., Regional Sales Manager, Georgia Power Company, Columbus, Ga.
- Kamel Haddad, Ph.D., Senior Research Engineer, CanmetENERGY Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Paul M. Haydock, P.E., Staff Engineer, Carrier Corporation, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Roger L. Hedrick, Principal Engineer, NORESCO, Boulder, Colo.
- N. Eileen Jensen, P.E., Standards Engineer, Bonneville Power Administration, Vancouver, Wash.
- Amir Jokar, Ph.D., P.E., Managing Engineer, Exponent, Inc., Irvine, Calif.
- Roger K. Jones, P.E., Account Executive, EMS Technologies, Inc., Crofton, Md.
- Stephen Kujak, Director of Next Generation Refrigerant Research, Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse, Wis.
- Jon Christopher Larry, P.E., Director of Energy Engineering, EXP US Services, Inc., Richmond, Va.
- Jennifer E. Leach, P.E., Regional Sales Manager, Harsco Industrial Patterson-Kelley, East Stroudsburg, Pa.
- Thomas J. Leck, Ph.D., President, TJLeck Consulting Services, Hockessin, Del.
- Michel Lecompte, Life Member, Vice President of Engineering and R&D, RefPlus, Inc., St. Hubert, Quebec, Canada
- Paul A. Lindahl, Jr., Consultant, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc., Overland Park, Kan.
- Wahid Maref, Ph.D., Professor, École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS)/Construction Department Engineering, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Sarah E. Maston, P.E., CPMP, President, Green Footprints Commissioning, Inc., Hudson, Mass.
- Francis A. Mills, Life Member, Principal, Frank Mills Consulting, Leyland, Lancashire, UK
- Ronnie R. Moffitt, P.E., Senior Principal Applications Engineer, Ingersoll Rand, Lexington, Ky.
- Frank Thomas Morrison, Technical Director, Global Marketing, Baltimore Aircoil Company, Jessup, Md.
- Robert Alan Neely, Regional Manager, Pittsburgh Corning-Foamglas Insulation, The Woodlands, Texas
- Roger M. Pasch, P.E., Life Member, President, Pasch Enterprises, LLC, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Michael P. Patton, International Sales Manager, Griswold Water Systems, Irvine, Calif.
- Michael A. Pouchak, P.E., Systems Architect, Honeywell International, Golden Valley, Minn.
- Irene Reichert, Owner, S.I.R., Stuttgart, Germany
- Lee Riback, Commissioning Manager, South Region, McKinstry Co., Dallas, Texas
- William A. Ryan, Ph.D., P.E., Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Kenneth Schultz, Ph.D., Principal Engineer, Ingersoll Rand, La Crosse, Wis.
- Leon E. Shapiro, President, 21st Century Water Solutions, Oak Park, Calif.
- Thursten D. Simonsen, P.E., HBDP, Business Development Manager, Performance Services, Inc., San Antonio, Texas
- Russell J. Stuber, Principal, U&S Services Inc., Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Zuraimi M. Sultan, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow, Building Energy Efficiency Hub, Department of Building, School of Design and Environment, Singapore
- Len Swatkowski, Director of Plant Operations, Oceanaire Inc., Morton Grove, Ill.
- Megan M. Tosh, P.E., BEMP, Product Manager, IES, Ltd., Portland, Ore.
- Pawel Wargocki, Ph.D., Associate Professor, International Centre for Indoor Environment and Energy, Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby
- Bede W. Wellford, Renewables Sales Manager, Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Inc., Warwick, R.I.
- Philip J. Winters, P.E., Vice President of Product Development, Environmental Air Division, Filtration Group, Chicago, Ill.
- Xiaohui Zhou, Ph.D., P.E., Energy Efficiency Program Manager, Iowa Energy Center, Ames, Iowa
- Wangda Zuo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fla.
?ASHRAE Journal Paper Award
Hugh Crowther, P.Eng. and Yi Teng Ma received the Journal Paper Award for their article, “Design Considerations for Dedicated OA Systems,” judged as the best article in the ASHRAE Journal, which was published in March 2016.
Crowther is the Vice President of Engineering at Swegon, which is located in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Ma is an Applications Engineer at Swegon in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Crosby Field Award&
Stephen Kujak and Edward McCampbell Hamilton received the Crosby Field Award for their paper, “Examination of the Reactions of R-40 with R-134a and POE Refrigeration System Materials,” which was judged to be the best paper presented before the Society. The Crosby Field Award is named for a former Presidential Member.
Kujak is the Director of Next Generation Refrigerant Research at Ingersoll Rand, which is located in La Crosse, Wis. Hamilton is a Lab Director for McCampbell Analytical Inc. in Pittsburg, Calif.
Science and Technology for the Built Environment Best Paper Award
Nesreen Ghaddar, Ph.D., Bachir El Fil and Kamel Ghali, Ph.D., received the Science and Technology for the Built Environment Best Paper Award for, “Optimizing Performance of Ceiling Mounted Personalized Ventilation System Assisted by Chair Fans: Assessment of Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality,” published in March 2016. The award is for the best referred paper published in the volume year of the Science and Technology for the Built Environment, the ASHRAE research journal.
Ghaddar is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at American University of Beirut in Lebanon. El Fil is a Ph.D. candidate in mechanical engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Ga. Ghali is a Professor and Mechanical Engineering Department Chair at American University of Beirut in Lebanon.
ASHRAE Technical Paper Award
The following papers received a Technical Paper Award, which recognizes the authors of the best papers presented at Society conferences:
- Dennis L. O’Neal, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member; Carl Lewis Reid and Peng Yin, Ph.D.; for, “Characterizing the Performance of Fixed-Airflow Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units Using a Mass and Energy Balance Approach.” O’Neal is the Dean of the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Baylor University, Waco, Texas. Reid resides in Austin, Texas. Yin is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. ?
- James A. Milke, Ph.D., P.E.; Christine Pongratz and Arnaud Trouvé, Ph.D.; for, “A CFD Study to Identify Methods to Increase Maximum Velocity of Makeup Air for Atrium Smoke Control.” Milke is a Professor and Chair for the Department of Fire Protection Engineering at the University of Maryland. Pongratz is a Fire Engineer in London. Trouvé is a Professor and Director of Graduate Studies for the Department of Fire Protection Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park.?
- Nicholas Gayeski, Ph.D.; Stephen Samouhos, Ph.D., P.E.; Siân Kleindienst, Ph.D.; Ryan Cruz; Jaime Gagne, Ph.D. and Bradley Werntz for, “Data and Interfaces for Advanced Building Operations and Maintenance.” Gayeski is a Co-Founder and CEO of KGS Buildings in Somerville, Mass. Samouhos is a Co-Founder of KGS Buildings and a Mechanical Engineer at Evco Mechanical in West Orange, N.J. Kleindienst serves as Partner and Chief Scientist at KGS Buildings. Cruz is the Onboarding Team Manager for KGS Buildings. Gagne is the Principal Building Scientist for KGS Buildings. Werntz is a Co-Founder and Director of Operations at Skedaddle, Inc., located in Boston, Mass.
- Kathleen Sturtevant; Alexandra Brogan; Zachary Valigosky; Vijay Gopalakrishnan; and John Kelly Kissock, Ph.D., P.E.; for, “Improving Variable-Speed Pumping Control to Maximize Savings.” Sturtevant is a Project Engineer at ERS in North Andover, Mass. Brogan is an Energy Engineer at Plug Smart in Columbus, Ohio. Valigosky is an Energy Engineer at CLEAResult in Des Moines, Iowa. Gopalakrishnan is a Project Engineer II at ERS in North Andover, Mass. Kissock is a Chair of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering/Renewable and Clean Energy at the University of Dayton, Ohio.
Willis H. Carrier Award
Carl Lewis Reid and Peng Yin, Ph.D., received the Willis H. Carrier Award, which is given to a member 32 years of age or younger for presenting an outstanding paper at a Society conference. The award is presented for, “Characterizing the Performance of Fixed-Airflow Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units Using a Mass and Energy Balance Approach.” Reid resides in Austin, Texas. Yin is Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Lincoln Bouillon Award
Jason R. Urso, P.E., of ASHRAE’s Connecticut Chapter, received the Lincoln Bouillon Award, which recognizes a member who performs the most outstanding work in increasing membership. The award commemorates Presidential Member Bouillon’s efforts in recruiting new members. Urso is a Senior Mechanical Engineer and Project Engineer at Tighe & Bond in Westfield, Mass.
William J. Collins, Jr. RP Award
Patrick Huang, C.Eng., of ASHRAE’s Hong Kong Chapter, received the William J. Collins, Jr. RP Award. The award, named in honor of Presidential Member Collins, recognizes a chapter RP chair who excels in raising funds for ASHRAE’s RP campaign. Huang is an Engineer for ARUP in Hong Kong.
Environmental Health Award
W. Gene Tucker, Ph.D., received the Environmental Health Award for excellence in volunteer service focused on environmental health issues. Tucker is retired and resides in Cary, N.C.
Government Advocacy Award
Sam C. M. Hui, Ph.D., C.Eng., BEAP, BEMP, HBDP, of ASHRAE’s Hong Kong Chapter, received the Government Advocacy Award. The award recognizes individuals for outstanding effort and achievement in state, provincial and local government activities in connection with technical issues related to the Society. Hui is an Assistant Professor, Technology and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong.
Lou Flagg Historical Award
Dusty Stoabs, P.E., CPMP, received the Lou Flagg Historical Award, for preparing the most outstanding historical presentation related to HVAC&R. The award is named in recognition of Presidential Member Lou Flagg, who promoted an interest in history. Stoabs is a Mechanical Engineer for Streets, LLC, Mechanical Contractors in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Homer Addams Award
Parham Azimi received the Homer Addams Award, which recognizes a graduate student who has been engaged in an ASHRAE research project at a university that has graduate programs in the areas of heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and has achieved a high standard of performance in this work. Azimi is a Post Doctorate Research Associate at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago.
Standards Achievement Award
Steven T. Bushby, Fellow ASHRAE, received the Standards Achievement Award, for exceptional service in the area of standards leadership and technical contribution. He serves as Leader at the Mechanical Systems and Controls Group, Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, Md.
Chapter Program Star Award
Chun-Sing Wong, Ph.D., BEAP, of ASHRAE’s Hong Kong Chapter, received the Chapter Program Star Award, for excellence in chapter program endeavors. Wong is a Technical Manager, International Finance Centre Management Co., Ltd., Hong Kong.
ASHRAE, fundada em 1894, é uma sociedade humana avanço global de bem-estar por meio de tecnologia sustentável para o ambiente construído. A Sociedade e os seus mais de 57.000 membros em todo o mundo foco em sistemas de construção, eficiência energética, qualidade do ar interior, refrigeração e sustentabilidade. Através da investigação, a escrita normas, publicação, certificação e educação continuada, ASHRAE molda ambiente construído de amanhã hoje. Mais informações podem ser encontradas em www.ashrae.org/news.
Versão em Português Unofficial por Gerardo Alfonso - Capítulo Colômbia