ATLANTA – An extension for papers has been announced for a conference focused on emerging energy conversion technologies, conservation and management strategies.
Organized by Kuwait University and ASHRAE, the 6th International Conference on Energy Research and Development (ICERD-6) takes place March 14-16, 2016, in Kuwait.
Abstracts (400 words in length) are due June 15, 2015. If accepted, papers are due September 15, 2015. Authors of accepted papers are responsible for travel and registration. Three nights hotel accommodations are free for authors presenting papers. Submittal information can be found at www.ashrae.org/Kuwait2016.
The Conference seeks to optimize the utilization of basic energy resources in the major energy consuming sectors in the arid region of the Arabian Peninsula. The Conference builds upon the five previous conferences that attracted the international energy research and development community.
More than 300 registrants, including decision makers to help in setting energy policies not only for Kuwait but also for the region, are expected to take part.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Energy Conversion and Management
- Energy Conservation
- Fuels and Alternatives
- Energy Policy and Planning
- Combined and Cogeneration Energy Systems
- Air-conditioning and Refrigerating Systems
- Energy and Environmental Issues
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy Storage
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics
- Thermodynamic Optimization and Exergy Analysis
- Plant and Facilities Mechanical Integrity
- Emerging Energy Technology
- Material Design and Analysis
The papers will undergo a peer-review conducted by ASHRAE and overseen by the scientific committee.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a global society advancing human well-being through sustainable technology for the built environment. The Society and its more than 50,000 members worldwide focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability. Through research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today. More information can be found at www.ashrae.org/news.